Junior Kindergarten - Grade 5
Whitecourt Central Elementary School provides a safe, caring, and inclusive environment to meet the needs of all learners! We offer Junior Kindergarten through Grade 5 options. We instill empathy and leadership in our upper elementary students by providing opportunities for them to mentor our younger, primary students. Teachers at Whitecourt Central are active, lifelong learners and stay current with new research and best practices to further support their students. At Whitecourt Central Elementary School, we recognize that it truly does take a village to raise a child, we partner with families and community members as an educational team to provide individualized support and differentiated programming to all learners within our walls. We welcome visitors and invite you to come for a guided tour of Whitecourt Central Elementary School!
We serve 350 students and their families, and we invite these families to visit as often as possible, we appreciate volunteers in the school.
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! For those who are new, we are happy that you have joined the Whitecourt Central family. For those returning, we are excited to have you back! We hope that this year is an exciting learning experience filled with fun, friendships, and personal success for all students.
At Whitecourt Central Elementary School, we understand that success looks different for all learners. Every child can learn and should have an opportunity to access a wonderful learning experience in the school. As educators, we have the opportunity to foster a love of learning in the students we teach. Our number one priority is our students - their learning, personal accomplishments, growth, and wellness.
Our talented and devoted staff is dedicated to helping students achieve their personal best and develop their leadership potential. We strive for all students at Whitecourt Central School to build a connection with the adults in the school to feel valued and safe.
What we ask of students:
- Strive to do your best at all times.
- Always be respectful of yourself and others.
- Actively participate, engage, and immerse yourself in school activities and special events.
We look forward to meeting you in the hallway, classrooms, and office to celebrate your accomplishments!
To our families, thank you for entrusting us with your children. It is our goal to work as a team with families to provide the best educational experience for each child that walks through our doors.
Yours in Education,
Mrs. T. McKeever - Principal
Principal: Tammy McKeever
Assistant Principal: Megan Coté
“Moving Forward, Reaching Upward – Students are Central”
Central School Students are Eagles:
Excellence - Show excellence everyday, in every way
Accountable - accountability for your actions and consistent attendance
Give Respect - Treat everyone well
Learn well - School is your job
Enjoy school - Central is your second home
Safety - Everyone deserves to feel safe and be safe
Whitecourt Central School is driven by a strong belief in each and every student. The school has an academic focus, promotes physical activities and creativity, and is sensitive to the social and emotional well-being of students.
All students deserve a quality education in a safe and caring environment.
Whitecourt Central School Commitments:
- Provide a safe and caring environment for all students through…
- Building a sense of belonging - physically and emotionally
- Providing supports (mental health)
- Actively listening
- Demonstrating respect
- Building a resilient community of learners
- Establish connections and relationships with all students and family units through
- Being present
- Effective, clear communication
- Demonstrating love for the students and lighting up for them
- Creating an engaging learning environment
- Multiple learning paths
- Differentiation and supports
Whitecourt Central Elementary School plays an integral role in the development of our students. The education of a child is a partnership between the school, family, and community team with each partner assuming a greater responsibility in some areas of the child's development while mutually sharing responsibility in other areas.
The prime objectives of Whitecourt Central Elementary School are for students to develop the ability to analyze critically, reason and think independently, acquire basic learning skills, develop a lifelong appreciation of learning, develop a curiosity about the world around them, and develop a capacity for creative thought, expression, and appreciation, all while in an environment that nurtures their social and emotional well being.
Families: Families are the primary educators of their children, and as such are key partners with the school. Two-way communication between teachers and parents is essential for student success.
- Students will be responsible and accountable for their own behavior and achievement.
- Parents will work with the school community in partnership with the education of their children.
- Educators will provide a safe, caring, inclusive learning environment that is conducive to meeting the individual needs of children.
- Every child can learn
- Every child must have hope
- Every child is a unique individual
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways
- Learning and development is a continuous process
- Learning is an active process
- Learning is an individual process
- Students should be given the opportunity to experience challenge and success
- Students learn best in a learning environment with their peers
Programs and Services
- Facility Dog - Sage
- Full-time On-site Psychologist - Canniff
- Team for Sucess
- Physical Education Specialist
- Music Teacher
- Choir Option
- The "Lookout"